Hard Hats & Tacos, a Perfect Pairing- We Support Education in Las VegasMarch 26, 2019 by Tacos & Beer
Community Event at Cristo Rey St. Viator
When it comes to giving back to the community, we’ve always been honored to help when we can. We’re passionate about a lot of issues, especially education. When we were approached about donating food to the Cristo Rey St. Viator College Preparatory event we were excited to give.
The Hard Hat Tours, Tacos and More event will be held at the future site of the school at 2880 Van Der Meer St, North Las Vegas on Saturday March 11th at 11AM. Attendees will get to see the school site and enjoy some of our artisan tacos.
Cristo Rey St. Viator College Preparatory is a Catholic learning community that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life.
Cristo Rey St. Viator College Preparatory will be a part of the largest network of high schools in the country that exclusively serve students of limited economic means. As a part of the Cristo Rey Network of 35 schools across the country, Cristo Rey St. Viator College Preparatory will adhere to a set of Mission Effectiveness Standards.
Some Highlights about the New School:
- Cristo Rey St. Viator College Preparatory, will open in August 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year.
- We are planning to open with a freshman class of 125, and then add 125 each year moving forward.
- CRSV will be part of the Cristo Rey Network, which currently comprises 35 college prep high schools across the country, CRSV will be # 37.
- Cristo Rey model is unique in that, it not only provides a rigorous college prep education, but we also have a unique corporate work study program, which provides each student real-world work experience.
- All Cristo Rey High Schools specific serve the “under-served” communities in their cities and we look forward to providing some Southern Nevada families, and education opportunity that they have never had previously.
- The Clerics of St. Viator, the original operator of Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas, is the owner and operator of CRSV.
- The new school facility is currently under construction on North Las Vegas Boulevard and Van Der Meer St., just around the corner from CSN Cheyenne Campus.
- For additional info visit their website
So put your hard hats on, come enjoy tacos and support education in Las Vegas. It can never be a bad day when tacos are involved!